Update (Saturday May 23)
To the Saints and faithful in Christ Jesus,
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. It was a blessing to hear on Friday, May 22 the President’s order to let churches reopen.
To answer some questions we may be wondering please read the following:
Will New Beginnings reopen this Sunday, May 24th?
No, NBCF will continue with the streaming service.
When will New Beginnings Reopen?
New Beginnings will have our first PARKING LOT service on Sunday, May 31st at 10 AM.
We are working and have secured the necessary equipment to broadcast our service to be heard over a car radio FM station. (The station will be provided upon entrance to the parking lot.)
Will Livestream service continue for those not able to attend the parking lot service?
When will our first in-person sanctuary service be?
The president’s announcement did not provide the specifics of reopening details. It seems reasonable to say that these details will be provided by our local authorities this week. Our hope is Sunday, June 7th but this is a tentative date. Updates will be provided.
Once we are cleared to meet, what kind of safety measures can we expect at New Beginnings?
New Beginnings will exercise the guidance provided by the CDC for churches: “CDC offers these suggestions for faith communities to consider, consistent with their own faith traditions, in the course of preparing to reconvene for in-person gatherings while still working to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Implementation should be guided by what is feasible, practical, and acceptable, and tailored to the needs and traditions of each community of faith. The information offered is non-binding public health guidance for consideration only; it is not meant to regulate or prescribe standards for interactions of faith communities in houses of worship. Any decision to modify specific religious rites, rituals, and services should be made by religious leaders.” https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/faith-based.html
New Beginnings supports the following safe behavioral practices:
- social distancing (specifically, staying 6 feet away from others when you must go into a shared space)
- frequently washing hands or use alcohol-based (at least 60% alcohol) hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available
- wearing cloth face coverings (are encouraged when 6 feet is not possible)
- avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- staying home when sick
- cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
In addition, we will have FAMILY SERVICES, to begin with. “Meaning children’s church will not be available until a near-future date (n/a).”
- The sanctuary seating will be configured to accommodate for family seating as well as 6 feet social distancing.
- The lobby seating will be configured to accommodate social distancing while still being able to view the service on the screen.
As information concerning COVID-19 and church reopening continues to be updated by the government, NBCF will provide updates that apply to our fellowship when deemed necessary.
You are in our thoughts and prayers. May our Lord be with your spirit.
Love in Jesus ~Pastor David, and the Leadership Team of NBCF