The Bible has a lot to say about sin, especially its definition. Sin is defined as:
- Transgression: Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. (1 John 3:4 NKJV)
- Unrighteousness: All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. (1 John 5:17 NKJV)
- Omission of known duty: Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. (James 4:1 NKJV)
- Not from faith: But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin. (Romans 14:23 NKJV)
- Thought of foolishness: The devising of foolishness is sin, and the scoffer is an abomination to men. (Proverbs 24:9 NKJV)
Sin is what separates us from God; Sin is what keeps us from His will.
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23 NKJV)
- If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (I John 1:8 NKJV)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23 NKJV)
If you are struggling with sin, then confession is your first step to recovery. Release “all your cares” to Jesus, and He will help you through it!
The bible tells us in In Hebrews 4:14-16: “Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
Ask for prayers from your Christian brothers and sisters they will go to bat for you! They will lift you up in prayer, all you have to do is ask!
The bible tells us in James 5:16: “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
Today is a new day! Look to Jesus! Look to your Father in Heaven! Start every day right by giving all your cares away to Him. Open your mind, open your soul, and soften your heart! Pray to Jesus and ask for the forgiveness and the help that only He can provide; Ask for the strength to overcome! Ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit before the adversary even shows up! Grab your Bible and start your prayer by reciting Psalm 5:1-3, “Give ear to my words, O Lord, Consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, For to You I will pray. My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.” Continue from there by asking to be stripped from the issues you are struggling with and you will succeed!
We will be tempted! But we can overcome! “Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” (James 1:12 NKJV)