How Can I Know God?
You were created to know God in a personal way,
to have a relationship with Him, through His Son, Jesus Christ.
God's Word tells us in Jeremiah 29:11-13, 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
HOW DO I START A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD?
- YOU FIRST MUST REALIZE THAT YOU ARE A SINNER.
No matter how good a life we try to live, we still fail miserably short of being a good person. That is because we are all sinners. The Bible says, "No one is good-not even one" We cannot become who we are supposed to be without Jesus Christ.
- YOU RECOGNIZE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR YOU.
The Bible tells us that "God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." This is the Good News, that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die in our place when we least deserved it.
- YOU REPENT OF YOUR SINS.
The Bible tells us, "Repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away." Instead of running from God, we can run toward Him.
- YOU RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST INTO YOUR LIFE.
Becoming a Christian is not merely believing some creed of going to church. It is having Christ Himself take residence in your life and heart. Jesus said, "Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens door, I will come in..." If you would like to have a relationship with Jesus Christ, simply pray this prayer and mean it in your heart."Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess You as my personal Lord and savior. Thank you for saving me. amen
I WANT TO KNOW MORE
If you have made a commitment to Jesus Christ, it's time for you to grow in your relationship with Him. The Bible teaches us, "as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you made grow thereby..." 1 Peter 2:2
NEW BEGINNINGS WOULD BE HONORED TO HELP YOU GROW IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST, BELOW ARE A FEW WAYS WE CAN HELP:
- PROVIDING YOU WITH THE BOOK OF JOHN: If you don't have a Bible, the Gospel of John is a great place to start. Simply request your copy by contacting us through our contact page by clicking here.
- FREE ONLINE BIBLE STUDIES: Simply visit the teachings page by clicking on the tab above, to download teaching resources.
- VISIT US: Join us for one of our weekly services. Sunday Service is at 10AM and our Midweek Bible Study is Wednesday at 7:00PM - (Notice: During this time of Social Distancing we are not meeting at church)
- GET CONNECTED: Visit our social pages by clicking on the links below.
- LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- JOIN OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL