Amos 3:3 (NKJV) 3 Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?
For individuals who hold different beliefs, world views and religious convictions, to fellowship and have peace among each other in the same church, would be extremely difficult if not impossible. Topics that many differ on are the sanctity of life, marriage, gender identity, racism, Jesus Christ, God, the Holy Spirit, the purpose of the church, Israel and the list seems endless.
The leadership at New Beginnings Christian Fellowship (NBCF) has agreed that NBCF beliefs, as stated below, are drawn from the Holy Scriptures, which is the only source of sound doctrine. The New Testament has established that the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men (Titus 2:11-14) through the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old Testament which is the complete revelation of God to man.
We hold that opinions, culture, education, science, experiences or any other ideology or practice that is not supported by the Word of God to be inconsistent or in violation of God’s will for His creation and His church.
We believe that the faith which was ONCE FOR ALL DELIVERED to the saints (Jude 1:3) in the first century by Jesus Christ Himself and spread throughout the known world by the Holy Spirit, working through the apostles of Christ, is the complete revelation of God to man and His Church and is not to be changed to satisfy anyone’s opinion, the culture, education, science, experience or any other ideology or practice that doesn’t follow the teachings of Christ and His apostles.
We respect those who do not agree with NBCF’s statement of faith and understand that each individual is a free moral agent and has the right to disagree with NBCF’s statement of faith. NBCF encourages anyone who holds a differing view and has no intention to change and follow God’s Word, to find a fellowship in which those that attend, hold the same beliefs and views, because two cannot walk together if they do not agree.
1 John 1:5-10 (NLT2) 5 This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. 6 So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth. 7 But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- WE BELIEVE in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments, in the original autographs, is the inspired, infallible Word of God, a complete and final written revelation of God.
- WE BELIEVE in one personal, transcendent, and holy God, the creator of all, Who is eternal and who manifests Himself in three separate persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ, though fully God became a man for the suffering of death, that He is the promised Messiah, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His vicarious death on the Cross, was bodily resurrected by the power of the Holy Spirit, ascended back to the right hand of God the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us. After Jesus ascended to Heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today.
- WE BELIEVE that all people are by nature separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God.
- WE BELIEVE in the person and work of the Holy Spirit who indwells, seals, and empowers every believer, baptizing them into the Body of Christ, enabling him/her to preach the Gospel in power. We also believe the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Scriptures are valid if they are exercised within the scriptural guidelines. We believe that love is more important than all the gifts, and without this love all exercise of spiritual gifts is worthless.
- WE BELIEVE Jesus Christ is the head of the Body, His church, and that church government should he simplistic rather than a complex bureaucracy. We desire to be led by the Holy Scriptures in all the functions and directions of the ministry of the church.
- WE BELIEVE worship of God should be spiritual! Therefore we remain flexible so the Holy Spirit may direct our worship.
- WE BELIEVE worship of God should be inspirational! Therefore we give a great place to music in our worship.
- WE BELIEVE worship of God should be intelligent! Therefore, in our services, we emphasize Bible teaching so God may instruct us how He would be worshiped.
- WE BELIEVE worship of God is fruitful! Therefore we look for His love in our lives as the greatest evidence that we are truly worshiping Him.
- WE BELIEVE in the pre-tribulational rapture of the church, and we believe that the second coming of Christ with His saints to rule on the earth will be personal, pre-millennial, and visible. This motivates us to holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God's Word, regular fellowship, and participation in baptism by immersion and in Holy Communion.
- WE BELIEVE that the Word of God should be taught in such a way that its message can be applied to an individual's life, leading that person to greater maturity in Christ.
- WE BELIEVE that we should reject doctrinal viewpoints or spiritual phenomena which are based solely on experience. We look to the Word of God for the basis of all our faith and practice.
- WE BELIEVE in a real devil called Satan who, along with all his evil angels, called demons, is destined to spend eternity in the Lake of Fire, and who now seeks to deceive the believers and defeat the work of God, but who can be resisted by believers who are in-dwelt by the Holy Spirit, protected by God, and interceded for by Jesus Christ our Lord.
- WE BELIEVE that the nation of Israel has a special place in God's plan and that all the promises of God to Israel will be fulfilled.
- WE BELIEVE that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- WE BELIEVE that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one biological man and one biological woman in a single, exclusive union, as defined in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.)
- WE BELIEVE that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.)
- WE BELIEVE that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, use of pornography or any other form of sexual inappropriateness) is sinful as described by God in the scriptures. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
- WE BELIEVE that God welcomes everyone to accept the gift of salvation through faith in His Son Jesus Christ regardless of past behavior and lifestyle identified as sinful in His Word. Therefore, if an individual was known as a thief, murderer, adulterer, fornicator, homosexual, transgender, idolater, drunkard, drug addict or any other activity that goes against sound doctrine, comes to repentance and accepts Christ, the evidence of the repentance and faith in Christ will be revealed in a change of lifestyle that reflects God’s will, as revealed in His Word. (1 Cor 6:9-11)
- WE BELIEVE that God offers forgiveness, salvation and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
- WE BELIEVE that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
- WE BELIEVE that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be rejected and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of New Beginnings Christian Fellowship.